Questions posed to the 2017 City Council Candidates:
1. What interests inspired you to run for apposition as City Council member?
2. What are your top five priorities that you would work to have the city accomplish during your term in office? For each identified priority that requires the expenditure of money, please state how you would fund it.
3. Describe your relevant previous experiences that prepare you for the Council role.
4. What skills, training, resources and expertise will you bring to the Council?
5. Islanders consistently identify water quality as a top community priority and yet a recent city study shows our streams are significantly polluted. What ideas do you have for improving the health of island waters? What role do you think sewering might play in this effort?
6. How do you think growth (economic and population) on the island can best be managed? How would you address the balance between building housing and preserving our natural resources? How should we address the issue of code enforcement?
7. What are your thoughts about the affordability of housing on Bainbridge Island? What policies, if any, would you like to see our City implement to increase the inventory of affordable housing?
8) Kitsap PUD is soliciting indications of interest in expanding broadband access to neighborhoods on the island. What should be the role of the city in assisting with this expansion?
READ Quality Bainbridge’s 2017 endorsements